Easy and Quick Chicken Pie!!!
For the Meat lovers here is something I would like to share!!!
Chicken pie is one such easy and quick recipe which anyone could try at home.
Arranging time :30 mins.
Cooking Time :35 mins.
This is what you need before baking the pie:
- Minced Chicken (Chicken Keema)-500gms.
- Mashed Potato -2 medium sized.
- Eggs- 3
- Finely chopped Onions -2
- Chopped green chillies(Optional)
- Chopped Garlic-6 to 7 cloves.
- Dried Herbs (You can use any herbs of your choice).I used Parsley, Mixed Herbs, Oregano (Optional).
- Lemon Rind (Optional).
- Freshly Copped Coriander.
- Black Pepper(Roughly grounded)
- Butter -75gms.
- Processed Cheese-4 to 5 cubes(Grated)
- Bread Crumbs for the upper crust.
- Salt.(According to taste).I used 2 table spoon of it.
|I used Delicious Minced Chicken which I got from Spencer :)|
|Ingredients for Chicken Pie|
It is time now to mix the ingredients together.
- Take a mixing bowl and put the minced chicken, mashed potato, onion, garlic, green chillies, 2 eggs, butter, coriander and all the herbs in it.
- Mix all of them very well.
- Now take a rectangular baking tray and put the mixture in it and set them well into the bowl.
- Put another egg on top of it and spread it well with a brush. Make sure all the corners of the pie is covered well.
- Put the grated cheese over it evenly.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the pie and its ready to go inside the over.
|Mixing all the ingredients together!!!|
Pre-Heat the oven before putting the dish inside. This step is of prime importance for any kind of baking.
Now put the Tray with the pie inside the oven and cook it in Convection mode at 180 ͦC for 30 mins.
There is a difference in voltage for different Micro-oven, so you have to make sure that the pie does not get burnt.
For assurance check the upper crust. If it will start turning brownish, switch off the oven.
Now grill the pie for another 5 mins in the grill mode. It will give the upper crust of the pie a nice brown colour and would also make it chispy.
Give it a standing time of 2 mins in the oven after grilling.
Your Pie is Ready!!!
I like having this pie with any classic soup.
But you can have it with boiled beans and carrot for a hearty and a healthy meal.
Its time for me to devour on this :)