Here I come with another recipe on the eve of Ganesh Puja...
Moong dal(green gram lentils) are rich in proteins and when they are made into laddus they form the tastiest sweet ever.
This is another quick and easy recipe which you can try making during any puja specially during Diwali!!!
Arranging time :10 mins.
Cooking Time : 10-15 mins
Serves: 5-6 people
You will be needing:
- Moong Dal(200gms)
- Green Cardamom(25 gms)
- Ghee(4-5 table spoon)
To begin with :
- Roast the moong dal in a non stick kadhai, make sure it doesn't turn brown.
- Grind the sugar in the grinder and keep it aside.
- Grind the moong dal in the grinder and keep it aside
- Grind the green cardamom into fine powder.
Now lets start with the cooking:
- In the Kadhai put 5 table spoon of ghee and let it melt.
- Put the powdered moong dal and sugar in the kadhai and stir continuously. Make sure it does not form a lump.
- When the mixture starts to solidify a little and start coming the middle , you know that it is ready to be taken off from the oven.
- Now take a plate and smear it with ghee.
- Put the entire mixture on the plate.
Its time to give it some shape...!!!
Some readers might just want to make a barfee with this moong dal so they can flatten the mixture on the plate and cut it into square pieces. But, since i made this on the day of Ganesh Puja I made laddu out of it and gave it round shape with my hands.
But be careful!! This mixture is extremely hot and can burn your fingers and palm while giving round shape to it!!
Tips: You can moisten your hand with water or ghee before making the laddu. It will prevent the mixture from sticking to it hands,you will feel less heat also you can make perfect round laddus.
My mom doesn't like nuts hence I kept it simple but you can also put nuts in it and let me know how it tasted!!! :)